ERBIL, Kurdistan Region (Kurdistan 24) - The 2017 Global Emotions Report indicates that Iranians and Iraqis are the angriest people in the world.
In 2017, for the fifth time, Iraq topped the negative experience list.
The Global Emotions Report presents the results from Gallup's latest measurements of people's positive and negative daily experiences based on nearly 149,000 interviews with adults in 142 countries in 2016.
Drawing from the largest behavioral study of its kind, a project known as the Gallup World Poll concluded that along with Iranians (50%) and South Sudanese (47%), Iraqis (49%) were the angriest in the world.
Researchers believe 30% of individual behavior is rational and the other 70% is emotional.
They argue that factors such as unemployment and GDP exist to help quantify the 30% of rational behavior and to measure happiness macro-level data on the emotional 70% should be conducted.
Gallup conducts rigorous surveys in 140 countries each year. Each survey is similar to a labor force survey -- but instead of asking, "Do you have a job?" they ask, "How is your life going?"
According to this research, more than 70% of people worldwide said they experienced a lot of enjoyment, smiled or laughed a lot, felt well-rested, and felt treated with respect.
People were far less likely to say they learned or did something interesting the day before the interview -- just 50% said this was their experience.
More of the world experienced physical pain in 2016 (30%) than in 2015 (28%).
Greeks (67%) were the most stressed in the world, while worry was highest in Central African Republic (72%) and Togo (71%).