Organization: Kurdistan 24 Company for Media and Research Ltd.
Position Title: English News reporter
Location: Erbil, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Start Date: September 25, 2022
Length of Contract: One year (three-month probation)
About the role
Kurdistan 24 is looking for a highly dedicated and energetic reporter for its English Section of the social media and website.
Skills and knowledge
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in journalism or social sciences (politics, sociology, economics, history, etc.)
- At least two years of professional experience in journalism or a related field.
- High understanding of news dynamics in Kurdistan Region, Iraq, and the Middle East.
- Good grasp of social media and its management.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish; Arabic is a plus.
- Team-and-details oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written verbal communication skills
- ‘Can-do’ attitude
The position is based in Erbil at the Kurdistan 24 headquarters.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter to digital @ kurdistan24.net with the subject line “English News Reporter”.
Any application without a cover letter and resume/CV will not be considered.