KRG Peshmerga Ministry Condemns Iranian Drone Attack on PM Barzani’s Office

The ministry stressed that the Kurdistan Region has consistently sought to be part of the solution and has worked to resolve disputes through dialogue.

ERBIL (Kurdistan24) – The Kurdistan Regional Government’s Ministry of Peshmerga Affairs on Monday strongly condemned a drone attack launched from Iranian territory that targeted the private office of Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani and the home of the head of the Kurdistan Region’s Security and Intelligence Agency (Parastin) in Pirmam.

In a statement issued on Monday, the ministry described the attack as an unlawful act and a clear violation of the sovereignty of both the Kurdistan Region and Iraq. It also said the attack constituted an assault on constitutional and legal institutions and their sovereignty.

The ministry stressed that the Kurdistan Region has consistently sought to be part of the solution and has worked to resolve disputes through dialogue. It warned that acts of aggression aimed at undermining the security and stability of the Kurdistan Region and the wider area pose a serious threat to regional peace and stability.

The statement called on all parties to respect Iraq’s sovereignty and safeguard the stability and peace of the Kurdistan Region.

The Ministry of Peshmerga Affairs also urged the Iraqi Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces to take a firm stance against such unlawful attacks and take the necessary measures to prevent them from recurring.

Earlier on Monday, the Kurdistan Counter-Terrorism Service (CTS) said that two Iranian-made Hadid-110 explosive drones targeted Prime Minister Barzani’s private office and the home of the head of Parastin.

No casualties were reported. Investigations were underway to determine the extent of the damage caused by the attack.