Tom Barrack Condemns Drone Attack on KRG Prime Minister’s Office

Barrack described the attack as “unacceptable” aggression against U.S. Kurdish allies and a direct threat to regional stability.

ERBIL (Kurdistan24) – U.S. Ambassador to Türkiye and Special Presidential Envoy for Syria and Iraq Tom Barrack on Monday strongly condemned a drone attack targeting the office of Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani in Erbil.

“We strongly condemn the attack on our friend and valued Kurdish partner, Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani, and his office in Erbil,” Barrack said in a statement posted on X.

Barrack described the attack as “unacceptable” aggression against U.S. Kurdish allies and a direct threat to regional stability.

“We will not condone or tolerate these hostilities,” he said, adding that Washington fully supports Iraqi Prime Minister Ali al-Zaidi’s efforts to restore Iraq’s full sovereignty and ensure that all weapons and security forces remain under the authority of the Iraqi state.

Earlier on Monday, the Kurdistan Region Counter-Terrorism Service (CTS) said that two Iranian-made Hadid-110 explosive drones targeted Barzani’s private office and the home of the head of the Kurdistan Region’s Security and Intelligence Agency (Parastin).

No casualties were reported. Investigations were underway to determine the extent of the damage caused by the attacks.