Iraqi PM Orders Probe into Drone Attack on PM Barzani’s Office

Al-Zaidi also ordered that all details, consequences, and parties responsible for the attack be identified as soon as possible. He stressed that the investigation’s findings must be made public in both Iraq and the Kurdistan Region without delay.

ERBIL (Kurdistan24) – Iraq’s Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Ali al-Zaidi, on Monday ordered the immediate formation of a specialized investigative committee to determine the source and launch site of an attack targeting the private office of Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani in Erbil’s Pirmam district.

The Iraqi Prime Minister’s Media Office said in a statement on Monday that the committee would investigate the source, circumstances, and launching points of the attack targeting Barzani’s private office and the residence of the head of the Kurdistan Region’s Security and Intelligence Agency (Parastin).

Al-Zaidi also ordered that all details, consequences, and parties responsible for the attack be identified as soon as possible. He stressed that the investigation’s findings must be made public in both Iraq and the Kurdistan Region without delay.

Earlier on Monday, the Kurdistan Region Counter-Terrorism Service (CTS) said that two Iranian-made Hadid-110 explosive drones had targeted Barzani’s private office and the home of the head of Parastin.

No casualties were reported in the attack, while investigations were underway to determine the extent of the damage.