European Youth Group Condemns Drone Attack Targeting PM Barzani’s Office
“We hope that such incidents will not be repeated and that dialogue and peaceful engagement will continue to prevail in addressing regional challenges,” the group said.
ERBIL (Kurdistan24) – The Democratic Youth Community of Europe (DEMYC) on Monday expressed concern over a drone attack targeting the private office of Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani and the home of the head of the Kurdistan Region’s Security and Intelligence Agency (Parastin) in Erbil.
In a statement, DEMYC said it was deeply concerned over what it described as an Iranian drone attack in Pirmam, Erbil, and reaffirmed its support for the safety, stability, and security of the Kurdistan Region and its people.
“We hope that such incidents will not be repeated and that dialogue and peaceful engagement will continue to prevail in addressing regional challenges,” the group said.
DEMYC also expressed solidarity with the people and institutions of the Kurdistan Region.
Earlier on Monday, the Kurdistan Region Counter-Terrorism Service (CTS) said that two Iranian-made Hadid-110 explosive drones had targeted Barzani’s private office and the home of the head of Parastin. No casualties were reported, while investigations into the extent of the damage were ongoing.
The statement was signed by DEMYC President Javier Mira in Brussels.