Kurdistan Region’s Public Prosecution Condemns Iranian Drone Attack on Pirmam
The presidency strongly condemned the attacks, saying they undermine the security, peace, stability, and sovereignty of the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.
ERBIL (Kurdistan24) – The Kurdistan Region’s Public Prosecution Presidency on Monday condemned the drone attacks targeting Pirmam, describing them as a blatant violation of international law and the territorial sovereignty of the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.
In a statement, the presidency said that on August 17, 2026, drones launched from Iran targeted the private office of Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) Prime Minister Masrour Barzani and the residence of the head of the Kurdistan Region’s Security and Intelligence Agency (Parastin) in Pirmam, Erbil province.
The presidency strongly condemned the attacks, saying they undermine the security, peace, stability, and sovereignty of the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.
It called on the federal government of Iraq to fulfill its constitutional responsibilities and take the necessary measures, in accordance with international law, to prevent similar acts of aggression from recurring and ensure respect for Iraq’s sovereignty and that of the Kurdistan Region.
Earlier on Monday, the Kurdistan Counter-Terrorism Service (CTS) said that two Iranian-made Hadid-110 explosive drones had targeted Prime Minister Barzani’s private office and the home of the head of the Kurdistan Region’s Security and Intelligence Agency (Parastin). No casualties were reported, while investigations into the extent of the damage were ongoing.