Maliki Condemns Attack on Kurdistan Region Prime Minister’s Office
In a post on his X account, Maliki described the attack as “completely unacceptable,” stressing that any action threatening the security of the Kurdistan Region, its official institutions, or Iraq’s stability cannot be tolerated under any circumstances.
ERBIL (Kurdistan24) – Nouri al-Maliki, head of Iraq’s State of Law Coalition, on Tuesday strongly condemned Monday’s attack targeting the private office of Kurdistan Region Prime Minister Masrour Barzani.
In a post on his X account, Maliki described the attack as “completely unacceptable,” stressing that any action threatening the security of the Kurdistan Region, its official institutions, or Iraq’s stability cannot be tolerated under any circumstances.
He also rejected any destabilizing actions regardless of those responsible, calling for an official and impartial investigation to swiftly establish the facts and circumstances surrounding the incident.
Maliki urged that those responsible be held accountable under the law, saying this was necessary to safeguard Iraq’s security, sovereignty, and territorial integrity.
Earlier on Monday, the Kurdistan Region Counter-Terrorism Service (CTS) said two Iranian-made Hadid-110 explosive drones targeted Barzani’s private office and the residence of the head of the Kurdistan Region Security and Intelligence Agency (Parastin).
No casualties were reported, while authorities said investigations were underway to determine the extent of the damage.